Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Only If You Are Bored....

50 Things about Me.
Because my big sister did this and sometimes I copy her, just like when we were little....

Warning: If you are reading this, you are bored. Go find a hobby friends. :)


1. I'm left handed.
2. I prefer my hair be called 'strawberry blonde.' It is far more appealing than 'RED HEAD.'
3. I'm an ER nurse, which is my dream job #1.
4. My other job I wanna be when I grow up is a school nurse/health teacher/coach.
5. I'm married to the funniest man on the planet.
6. I have an unusually long torso. Like my dad. Thanks Dad.
7. I love mornings, I love getting as much as possible done before ten.
8. Besides Matt, my siblings are my best friends. I have 2 sisters, Rachel and Ruthann, and one brother, Ryan.
9. I love goals. I'm kinda obsessed with goals. I set yearly goals, monthly goals, weekly, etc....I set physical, spiritual, domestic, and even 'social' goals. :)
10. I'm horrible at keeping in touch with friends from the past, even if they still mean a lot to me.
11. Sundays are my favorite day of the week and always have been. When I was in high school I would pop out of bed and put on Keith Green's Greatest Hits CD. My sisters hated that.
12. I had no idea Matt's proposal was coming...I have never been more surprised in my life! But he knew I needed to be unplanned for once...:)
13. I still consider myself the middle child, even though Ryan came along.
14. I was Iowa's Junior Miss. For more information, contact Shari Hamby.
15. I loved high school.
16. I loved playing sports competitively. I would go back to that part of high school in a second.
17. I'm cheap. I can talk myself out of buying anything.
18. I love to cook, bake, and host.
19. I am introspective.
20. I don't have a lot of confidence at work. Some shifts I still feel like a new grad because there is so much to learn.
21. I knew I wanted to be a youth pastor's wife from the time I was 14. Boo-yah.
22. I don't like to sit still.
23. I talk to my mom and sisters almost every single day.
24. I'm way too emotional. And have to process about lots of things out loud. Luckily I have a very gracious husband.
25. When I was in 4th and 5th grade, I was determined to be the first female in the NBA. And I was mad at my dad for not 'trying out.'
26. I don't wear accessories. I don't know what to do with them.
27. I pretty much just wear my sister's hand-me-downs.
28. I used to think that hand-me-downs where called "Hamby-downs." (my maiden name) And by 'used to' I mean until I was 17 years old. Whateva...
29. I'm living vicariously through my little brother's sports. He is such a stud. Let's just say I'm glad my athletic career was before his or I wouldn't have been considered an athlete.
30. I love hymns.
31. I was an all-state euphonium player in high school. I still think that was a mistake....
32. I tan farely well for a red head, er...I mean strawberry blonde...head.
33. I love, love, love quiet times with my Lord. They are my high light of each day.
34. I love being involved at church. I love junior high and high school girls.
35. My parents have an incredible marriage that I desire to emulate.
36. I'm so very proud of my husband for getting his Masters.
37. I pray my brains out for my little guy to come to Jesus and to love and serve Him passionately.
38. My best friend growing up was my cat, Mittens. He was trained like a dog and was absolutely perfect.
39. Now I have a wonderful dog, DeWayne. DeWayne is named after D-Wade of the Heat, but Matt wanted to spell it appropriately for his....skin tone. DeWayne.
40. I work really hard at being sincere, and always want to improve on that.
41. I love to watch movies with Matt. I can't wait till his school is over so we can do more of that.
42. Sometimes I accidently kinda make goals for Matt too. That doesn't go very well.
43. Someday, I would love to speak/teach a conferences for girls/women. Lord willing...
44. I wasn't a fan of natural labor. But I'll do it again.
45. I married a mascot.
46. I'm kinda really into BabyWise.
47. I prefer salty over sweet any day.
48. I love my church, Mission Hills. I have been blessed to go to so many focused, godly churches.
49. I want so much for my husband to come home to home that is comforting, welcoming, joyful, and restful.
50. It's ten and I still have things to do. :)

2 comments:

  1. Not bored, just can't sleep tonight :) I could put number ten on my own list, too. Loved reading this. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun fun!!! Thanks for allowing us to know you better! The check's in the mail! :)

    ReplyDelete